Things To Do for the 4th of July in Sarasota
If you are still making 4th of July plans, here is a great list of events for you to check out!
- Kick off the Independence Celebrations with the Sarasota Powerboat Block Party. The party starts on Friday, June 30th at 6pm and goes until 11pm. Come out and meet the racers and see the boats up close. This party is held at Mains St and N Pineapple Ave in Downtown Sarasota.
- Continue on with Powerboat madness into Saturday with the Superstock and Aqua X Races (qualifying) at Lido Beach starting at 9am. Powerboat Open practice is at Lido Beach from 11:45 am to 1:45 pm.
- When you are done cleaning off the sand you can head out to Nathan Benderson Park at 5851 Nathan Benderson Cir for some free family fun! Come out to enjoy music, games, food and fireworks! Don’t forget your blankets and chairs! Gates open at 4:30 pm. On the water rental opportunities are available from 5 pm to 7 pm! You can bring your own food and drinks, however no glass containers are allowed. Please, no dogs.
- On Sunday, pack that beach bag back up or better yet, the boat, and head out to enjoy the Sarasota Powerboat Grand Prix! The races start at 9:15 am and go until about 2:45 pm. Make sure you get out there early to snag a great viewing spot. Oh, and don’t forget the binoculars! View a full schedule here: sarasotapowerboatgrandprix.org
- Tuesday is the 4th of July! Catch a free spectacular firework show at one of the following places in Sarasota: Marina Jacks: Fireworks Spectacular over Sarasota Bay. Viewing is free from anywhere downtown including Bayfront Park and Island Park. The show starts around 9:00 pm.
Siesta Key: Fireworks over Siesta Key are blasted off just north of the volleyball courts, so viewing is good from anywhere south and along Crescent Beach, out on the Gulf, or from the Intracoastal waterway. Fireworks start around 9 pm.
- Here are some other places to catch fireworks outside of Sarasota.Bradenton: There will be a Fireworks display over the Manatee River after dark. People usually mass along both sides of the Manatee River Riverwalk waterfront in downtown Bradenton and Palmetto. Shows starts after dark around 9pm.
North Port: 13th annual Freedom Festival starting at 6:00 p.m. with fun, live music and entertainment at North Port High School Stadium. There will also be food & vendor booths, refreshments and fireworks after dark. Bring your blanket or folding chair for the fireworks. 6 pm – 9:30 pm.
Venice: The Venice area fireworks are fired from the south Venice Jetty in the Venice Beach area and there are a number of good vantage points: anywhere along Venice Beach, Nokomis Beach, or from a boat on the Gulf of Mexico or anchored on the Intracoastal waterway, northeast of the Jetty on the water.
We hope you enjoyed this blog about things to do in Sarasota for the 4th of July!
Keep IAS in mind for all your Marketing needs!
Business Cards, Websites, Social Media, Direct Mail/Postcards, Branding/Logos, Flyers, & Much More!